Alice into the Wonderland Shape Poetry Writing Activity
Poems could be such a joy to create and tend to be one the quickest and easiest activities that are writing there! Not everybody can write a 500 words story every single day, you could write a short poem, like a haiku or a Clerihew poem. We decided to look at one of the most creative forms of poetry, shape poems today! And because today can also be Lewis Carroll’s birthday we decided to take inspiration from Alice within the Wonderland. So, carry on reading if you wish to learn the rules of shape poetry in order to find a few examples of Alice when you look at the Wonderland shape poetry!
Shape Poetry Tips
Before we start out with the Alice in the Wonderland shape poetry activity, check out strategies for writing shape poems:
- Before jumping in, the thing that is first should do is decide regarding the shape of your poem and theme. As an example, you probably will want to use a bat as the shape of your poem if you are writing a poem about vampires.
- Don’t over-complicate your shape with shadows and details. Ensure that it it is simple, only use outlines and basic https://edubirdies.org/buy-essay-online/ shapes (you will see some examples below relating to Alice within the Wonderland).
- Plan your poem out before writing it into the shape. You can use a piece that is separate of paper to achieve this. When you’re ready, you may then write it in a shape format.
- Using a pencil, lightly outline or draw your shape onto your paper. Then write your words matching the outline. This may provide a guideline that is neat your poetry.
Now we all know the guidelines of the game, let’s begin the game! Using Alice within the Wonderland (books or movies) as a source of inspiration, could you write a shape poem using the following objects?
- Now think of your own shape.
You will get points to get the correct that is following
- Following the shape of the object in your poem.
- Using words connecting into the model of your poem.
- Using ideas and details regarding the Alice in the Wonderland story.
- Using descriptive or words that are emotional create a photo in your readers head.
If you need some inspiration or ideas below are some examples of Alice when you look at the Wonderland shape poems, that can be used as a guideline.
Teacup shape poem
Tea Party in the woods that are murky.
Creatures from all over are invited.
Wear your best hat and bring your favourite dessert.
There’s lots of tea for everybody, rabbit, mat hatter…
And even those little birds.
So, come and join us for a fun time.
Chesire cat shape poem
Chesire cat with a smile the dimensions of the moon.
Watching my every move.
about a minute you’re here.
the following your gone.
Please, keep coming back once I really need you!
I like your bushy tail and big wide eyes.
Are you my imagination or real?
I hope to learn!
Clock shape poem
Time ticking away. Tick tock, tick tock.
Cant go back.
Don’t wish to go forward.
I’ll just jump a hole down.
Enter a whole « » new world « ».
Where cats talk and rabbits wear clothes.
But don’t eat the cake!
And when I come back.
I’ll be whole!
Rabbit shape poem
Go run little rabbit, run!
Time is running out!
Look out for the beasts that lurk into the woods.
And don’t allow the hatter that is mad you.
Find Alice before it’s too late!
Now go RUN!
Mad Hatter’s hat shape poem
Hats of so many colours, sizes and shapes.
Have your ever deen an assortment so big and bold?
Everyone loves them all Hats that is! for occasion…
Winter, summer and also Halloween!
But what type today?
Now it is your turn! We would like to see your Alice into the Wonderland shape poems! You can easily share these with us either using the comments below or on social media using #imagineforest. For the time being, why not check out our other fun writing activities for kids and prompts that are writing.